Here we intend to collect some simple but effective uses of our products for you - if you have any ideas of your own feel free to email to us at email@example.com.
Using Saladworx Goodies in Practice!
‘Citrus-Sea’ Tear & Share Bread Crown
by Brendan Lynch who was 2nd in the Great British Bake Off 2013!
- 500g strong white flour
- 1 packet of fast-action yeast – 7g
- 10g fine salt
- 130 ml of Scottish ‘Saladworx Hebridean Seaweed & Lime Marinade/Dressing’ ©
- 230 - 240ml warm water
Grease the sides and bottom of a 28cm/11” loose-bottom cake tin
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, and yeast with a whisk to blend thoroughly. Mix the marinade with water and whisk together. Add to the dry mixture and bring together with a wooden spoon. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes to form a smooth, plastic dough.
- Place in a lightly greased bowl to prove for at least 1 hour to double in size.
- When fully proved, degas in bowl by pressing it 3-4 times. Turn out onto lightly floured surface, and knead for 1 minute. Divide into 21 balls each weighing 40g.
- Place them in tine leaving a little space between each one – see photo.
- Let reprove for 45 minutes until the join up.
- Brush all rolls with eggwash, and then sprinkle with mixed seeds. I used a mixture of black & white poppy seeds, and golden linseed, or, replace linseed with fennel seed, or with aniseed, or, caraway, but keep the selection of seeds small.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 – 25 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack. Take to table as a complete round or crown so that your guests can tear one off.
This bread crown can also be made with 2/3rds wholemeal flour/1/3rd white flour. Or with white spelt. Great for dipping into hummous, or other dips, or into a good olive oil. Also, excellent for picnics.
PAN FRIED WOOD PIGEON BREASTS (Ralph's Recipe)
Pan fry the wood pigeon breasts, then when almost cooked take them off the heat, add some saladworx Raspberry & chocolate-Mint dressing to the pan and stir around while the breasts finish cooking. This is de-glazing, which combines all the juices from the cooking with the dressing. Nothing is wasted, and tastes delicious. Serve with saladworx DRESS ME UP fine salad and pour over some Raspberry & Chocolate-Mint dressing.
SEARED SALMON A LA GILPIN!
From Liz Ashworth
Allow 1 salmon fillet per person
Cook on the hob
takes 20 minutes to prepare & cook.
Fillets of fresh salmon
saladworx NEW citrus-sea Hebridean Seaweed & Lemon dressing
Finely chopped fresh ginger root
saladworx DRESS ME UP fine salad
1. Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat. When it is hot lay the fish skin side down onto hot surface and leave to cook. drizzle with saladworx Hebridean seaweed & Lemon dressing.
2. You will see the flesh turning opaque from the griddle side upwards.
3. While the fish is cooking, make the topping by heating a little rapeseed oil in a pan, toss in the ginger and oatmeal and toast, stirring all the time. Remove from the heat.
4. When the fish is opaque almost to the top, flip over to cook a further minute.
5. serve on sticky rice or crushed new potatoes. Press into a round cutter ring to make a "small tower" on a heated plate. Deftly flip the salmon over and serve skin side down topped with oat topping, drizzled with more Hebridean Seaweed & Lemon dressing and served with DRESS ME UP fine salad.
MORE RECIPE IDEAS!
- Strawberry & Balsamic on ice cream – perfect!
- Goats cheese, spinach & pine nut tart, salad & Strawberry / Raspberry Balsamic dressing
- Warm goats cheese, roasted veg, crispy lettuce, Strawberry / Raspberry Balsamic dressing
- Classic saladworx salad, croutons, baby plum tomatoes, shaved parmesan, Wild Oregano Vinaigrette
- Watercress, fennel, smoked salmon, Hebridean Seaweed & Grapefruit dressing
- Leek & goats cheese tartlet, Tarragon & Elderflower dressing
- Baked cheese / mozzarella sticks, Tarragon & Elderflower dressing
- Whole salmon, Hebridean Seaweed & Lime dressing
- Blinis, smoked salmon, Hebridean Seaweed & Lemon dressing
- Wilted spinach with Tarragon & Elderflower dressing
- Curly kale with Heather Honey & Arran Wholegrain Mustard
- Thick cut chips with Whisky & Thistle dressing
- Shellfish cocktail with Hebridean Seaweed & Lime dressing
More to come!